nnypro.com
July 29, 2014, 06:54:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does a "spirit" hang around after death?  (Read 2807 times)
Jason
« on: December 11, 2008, 05:57:33 PM »

Hi Dale, I have a question, when a person passes on, how long do their spirits remain earthbound? There are many different theory's out there on the internet. I was hoping to get your take on it. I have a good friend who just lost someone close to them and was just wondering how long they had to say goodbye. thanks for any insight you can provide.

Jason
dale
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:33:53 AM »

Dear Jason,
Great question!  When we die, it's like going to bed at night.  You go to sleep and wake up in the morning the exact same person you were when you went to bed.  The same applies to death.  When a person crosses over they are who they are at the time and that's how they enter eternity.  All the memories, emotions and personality remain with them, but this time as spirit.  Now, the what is the one thing that separates us from all creation?  We have free will.  Free will is a part of our being.  Death does not take that ability from us.  When
the soul leaves the body and the Light Tunnel appears we "choose" to cross, or not.  Many do not.  They, in the exercising of their free will, choose to remain on "this side" and not go to the Light.  They do this for many reasons.  An example I would tell you, would be a haunting I did in Maine.  The lady spirit was married to the Captain of a ship and he was at sea.  Her children (four of them) developed Cholera and all died within two weeks of each other.  After the death of the last child she would receive no visitors.  The town would see her sitting by the upstairs window of her home throughout the night with a lit candle watching the Bay for the return of her husband.  She was notified within two months of the passing of her children that her husbands ship had gone down at sea.  She said nothing as she closed the door to her home after she was notified of this horrible news, and went upstairs to her children's bedroom and hung herself.  For years after her death that light appeared in the upstairs window.  She still waited for him to return.  Now, she choose not to cross.  Because after being told of his death, she refused to give up the hope he would return, but grief overwhelmed her and she ended her life.  But as spirit, she refused to leave the home.  She guarded her children's room and waited for him.  This happened in 1868, and she was released to eternity and the joy of reunion with her family in l966.  After having what happened fully explained to her, she used her free will and choose to rejoin her family in spirit and left the physical dwelling she had lived and loved in.  After a great shock, or an unnatural attachment to a property, or a sudden death or a violent death many spirits are traumatized and reject the Light because they understand where they are and in fear refuse to cross.  That is their choice.  Free will can never be taken away or over rided.  Now, that's the story of some who choose not to go.
Other embrace the Light and cross over immediately.  And that takes us back to free will.  Remember always that you are you, and that never changes.  People always leave, if they are fortunate, loved ones behind.
Now, here is the question!  If you have your memory and free will in place, how happy would you be if  you constantly thought of your husband or wife, son or daughter, grandchildren and on and on.  How could you concentrate on Spirit 101, learning to be an "other", and be denied access to those you love?  You and everyone else wouldn't be happy.  So the Creator, in His wisdom, allows us after we go through the Light to come back and forth between Forever and Earth to check in on our loved ones.  For us not to remember and love them still, He would have to erase our memories, and then we would be no longer us, right?  So we are allowed "family and friends" visits.  As those we left behind also pass, these visits become less and less important because we are all together again.  And the soul spends most of their time in Eternity.  So when you loose someone you love, they are never far away, and when it comes your time to leave, guess who comes for you?  Yes....your loved ones! So, when we loose to human sight someone we love, remember they are only a whisper away.  And they are looking in on you!  They want to see you move on and be happy.  That is the greatest gift you can give to them.  They are joyous, and free!  They want to see us that way too.  So the final answer is that most normal spirits come back and forth for years and years.  But it is a happy thing, not one to feel afraid of, or sorry for.  It's normal.  We visit our folks at least once a week, when we're here on earth and their still alive, so relax, they're just doing something that was natural here, and is natural there.  We remain who we are and love whom we love.  And eternity doesn't change that!  You ARE you!  Hope this helps.
Earthbound spirits are another category completely.  Research Ann Boleyn and the Tower of London or the young prices seen at this same spot.  That's earthbound.  And then there's the residual hauntings, and that's another Topic.  And I'm tired, but I hope you got your question answered.  Take care of yourself, my friend and continue asking great questions!
Hugs and Blessings,
Dale
Jason
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:33 PM »

WOW thanks for the insight, there are alot of different avenues to look at aren't there! So if a spirit hasn't crossed over, do you think it would be possible to contact them so recently after passing? This is a new and fascinating worl to me, I hope to learn alot from you and your posts.
Thanks Dale
Jason
Bill M

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:51:40 PM »

If I may, I offer my thoughts on this.  I feel that although possible, actively trying to contact someone that has recently passed is not really a good idea.  It is usually a confusing time for everyone following a death, not only for the living, but for the one who died as well.  Basically everyone close to it is suffering some level of separation anxiety.  By actively trying to contact them at that point you risk doing two things;
1-you may be prolonging the anxiety for everyone involved
2-it may further confuse the one that has passed.  You would basically be calling them back to you and the physical world where they no longer have a physical presence. 
  It would be best for all to remember that death is not an end, but a change of state.  Just as ice melts into water, and water evaporates to mist, humans die into spirit, and spirit eventually is changed and further elevated.  It is a natural progression, the true order of things.
  We all grieve in our own way. (grief is a form of separation anxiety) I personally don't like to say goodbye.  I prefer something more like I'm really going to miss you, see you when I get there.  But you can say goodbye if it helps you to accept the change.  I just feel it would be better done without trying to contact them.
  For what its worth, that's my opinion.
Bill

If seeing is believing, then experiencing is knowing!
dale
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 07:18:41 AM »

Hi All,
When death takes a loved one, it is up to the person or persons left behind to find their own means of closure.
And as different as people are, so are their needs.  Some wish to know NOW that all is well, others wait and heal awhile before trying to contact their loved ones.  Some don't need to at all, in their hearts they know all is well.  But for the most part, many need reassurance that it is.  Whatever way people choose is usually what's best for them and others in their lives.  Free will, you know!
Hugs and Blessings,
Dale
Jason
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »

To Bill M:
Thank you so much for the insight on this topic. You made WAY more sense than anything else I have read! You should start your own forum board! LOL Your thoughts and ideas make alot of sense. Thanks again
dale
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 05:55:41 AM »

Dear Bill,
Thanks for great input!  In spirit we still love those we left behind, and care about their well being and the road they are walking to make it through the "parting".  If spirit needs to come, it will.  And in so many forms!  And with so many signs!  Any many people need this love from the other side to make it to a healing stage.  Others are OK, and make it through on their own, knowing, from their deep abiding beliefs that their loved ones are OK.
We can call upon them any time we choose.  And they will answer!  Our energies are always connected with those we love whether on this side of the veil, or the other.  And if your loved one helped you when they were here they continue to help now that they are "there".  But it is up to them to fullfill the need if it is there.  I have had many experiences where having a deceased love one come through to a family or loved one help both the departed and the living to heal.  The spirit is able to complete it's crossing and the loved one knows they are OK and this frees both to continue on.
But, as with so many things, it depends on the individual case.  You know, the "fingerprint" thing!  If you want to know more about this please read "If God were to write a Letter".
Hugs and Blessings,
Dale
Bill M

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 08:52:21 AM »

Hi all,
 I hope I didn't offend anyone with my last post.  I realize that we all deal with this type of situation in our own way. For some it will be more difficult to accept the change, and get the closure they need than it is for others.  I didn't intend to sound uncaring about the needs of those who have a harder time finding what they need.  I am concerned about some becoming to quick to try contacting a lost loved one.  If someone really needs to have that contact, then that is what they need.  I would suggest that if that is the case, that they use a reputable medium(such as Dale) rather than trying it on their own.  I'm not a big fan of Ouija boards, hobby seances or psychic hot lines.  As far as the Ouija and the seances go, if your not careful they can cause problems.  As for the hot lines, although many are probably legitimate, some are probably not.  How can you tell which is which.  I think if you want to use a psychic, your better off with using one in person, or at least one you can get to know a bit.
Bill

If seeing is believing, then experiencing is knowing!
dale
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 10:19:40 AM »

Dear Bill,
Wow, are you right there!  I have heard and met people who have given thousands of dollars to people who couldn't talk to the people in their lives, let alone the departed!  It scary out there and you always have to be aware.  I have a great dislike of Ouija's too...man, have I seen people get in trouble with those things and ditto for the hobby seances.  It's the old thing..."if you can't send it back, don't call it in!".  And of course, let's all remember that Madam whatever her name was, and the millions she made.  She hired people off the streets, or from wherever she could get them and put them on the phone lines as psychics.  Unbelievable.  And scary.
Keep us informed, Bill!  And keep up the "heads up, folks" work!  Love having you here!
Blessings,
Dale
Doc

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 11:43:27 AM »

Overheard some years back:

My tele-psychic fell asleep five minutes into the phonecall.   Go figure.  Anyway, the up-side was that she had the courtesy to snore so I could tell she'd passed out.  The downside was that it still cost me a hundred bucks.  

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 11:47:16 AM by Doc » Logged
Forevermore

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 06:36:32 PM »

I am one of those persons who needs some form of contact with my loved one. I need it as much as I need air. I know this in my soul. It happened so..traumatically/unexpectedly/shockingly. I am a fairly well educated, open minded responsible and reasonable female. I am discovering that I am simply sinking in my shock. I just NEED to know some things regarding him. My mind NEVER stops racing with the thoughts and questions. I cant focus/be productive etc. Can anyone help me? Or direct me? I cant just "watch for signs" because I just dont see them and if I THINK I see one...I am sure its just my desparation grasping and hoping..... I need so much more...even if its only a minute... a single minute... or something so absolutely without a doubt a connection. I am so strung out mentally right now... Huh?
Melissa
dale
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 07:52:28 PM »

Dear Melissa,
Please call me at 518-529-7589.  Talk with me and we'll see what may happen.  You just need to do this sweetie...
Love and Blessings,
Dale
cerridwen13

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 06:56:04 PM »

Melissa...I felt the exact same way, when I lost my love...I did get signs....but I'd talk myself out of them, thinking...I want/NEED it to be him SO BADLY...that I was making it him...I was so grief stricken, so numb...so dead inside....I wasn't alive...I just existed from one day to the next....praying for my pain to be over....this is a hard hard time of year...call Dale...Im confident that she will be able to offer you some comfort & hope...and no matter how hard it is....accept the holiday invitations to be with friends....let them love and soothe your soul....
You are in my thoughts, prayers & heart my sister...
love & healing light
Gina
dale
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 05:48:32 AM »

Dear Melissa,
Thank you for calling me!   You are a delightful, sincere and tremendously loving person.  Heaven gave you your Christmas Gift!  Take it and hold it to your heart and share it with the kids.  You're on the road now sweetie, and over time all will be well.  The operative word here is "over time"!  But you KNOW he is...and your gift is wrapped in pure and eternal love.  Call again....any time!
Hugs and Christmas Blessings,
Dale
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:27:26 AM by dale » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: